Monday, November 27, 2006

من باب الوصل

A

Macbook naming dilemma:
1- I disqualified Brutus (Brute) due to reports about his conservative tendency. (not my cup of tea).

2- Almanzor (Al-Mansour) was disqualified too. He showed an unbounded ambition to reach the pinnacle of power in Andalucia -whatever the means were- and he achieved more than he ever thought. His ambition was tempting though.
ملحوقة يا ابن أبي عامر

3- The Macbook was THIS close to be named Sibawayh, but I decided not to, because Sibawayh is the nickname I chose for my alter ego. Only close friends (a.k.a. الأئمة المهديين) know what I mean.

4- The final stage is "Averroes vs. Gibran"
... to be continued

B

ونحنا يعني اسم الله!
بنربحه لضيف الله
blah blah blah
iDip

سؤال بريء: زيد أقرض سعيد، وعبيد اقترض من حميد، فمن أحق بأن يطالب زيد باسقاط قرضه؟


سؤال واحد محترق قلبه: كم من الانفس يراد لها أن تزهق في العراق ولبنان حتى ننام مثل ريما؟
لله درك يا ريما

سؤال "ألسني": ألم تلاحظوا بأن بدر الحميضي ونبيه بري وميشال المر.. ينطقون حرف "الدال" بنفس الطريقة؟
دندرمة.. دندرة... دردور.. دود... دغدغة... دبدوب.. داليدا... مودماني
deodorant... David... didn't... Dundee... dubbed... dad

سؤال لا بد منه: اللي اختشوا ماتوا... وين دفنوهم؟


Addendum
  • There will be no "post a no secret" post for December, until Papillona posts again
وقد أُعذر من أَنذر

14 comments:

Jacqui said...

I don't know what to say but how can you use your MacBook without at first naming it! I mean that is just cruel! Think of him as being a new born baby! Would you leave your son without a name this long?! Tsk tsk tsk!

Btw, what are your impressions with the MacBook, likes and dislikes I'd like to read about that. I am in the midst of writing my likes and dislikes.

And I think I'd go with Gibran perhaps.

Nooni said...

gosh :)


Did you tried Abo mathi? Oh BTW MABROOOOK on your mac, don't touch the screen no matter what , it wont please you.

and who will ask 3baid to forget about his money???

Mother Courage said...

i'd vote for Gibran


سؤال بريء: زيد أقرض سعيد، وعبيد اقترض من حميد، فمن أحق بأن يطالب زيد باسقاط قرضه؟

نائب مجلسهم..أبا طلقة


reema's link is blocked by quality net... عسى المانع خير


as for papi posting again,
عندك إيّاها

Shurouq said...

وين دفنوهم؟ تحت الشجرة

Sibawayh would be great.
رائحة التفاح
Mac.. Apple.. tuffa7 :)

But hey, I'm not supposed to comment on your Macbook naming dilemma so forget it.


Papillonaaaaa come baaaack :*

Mohammad Al-Yousifi said...

ما فهمت شي!

am i missing anysing?

Spontaneousnessity said...

ely ekhtasho yadfenoonhom broo7?

Mother Courage said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alia said...

go Gibran go

سلامة قلبك من الاحتراق

جواب برئ: تعتقد نائبهم الساقط .. جم قرض عنده .. وجم المبلغ؟؟؟؟

جواب وحده تدعي على اللي يحرق قلبك: تعتقد ريما نامت ... أم نامت؟

جواب ألسني: ونسيت آي ديب؟؟

جواب مش ولا بد منه: أكيد مو في الصليبيخات

شرايكم نسوي حملة عشان نرجع بابي
عطونا اقتراحات لاسم الحملة والبوستر المقترح .. البلوغ لاند مو شي بدونها

iDip said...

Jacqui,
it will be named, why the hustle ;)

and I'll write my impressions ASAP.

Judy Abbott,
thanks :)
but I didn't get 3baid's bit :\

Brava Valentia,
the link is working fine with me (I use qualitynet)

Shurouq,
سيبويه محجوز

and how come you're not supposed to comment... !?
انت صاحبة المكان واحنا الضيوف


Shopa,
Thank you for your solidarity :)

Kila Ma6goog,
ما في الا كل خير
;)

Sponty,
what do you think?

Alia,
الله يسلمك

& I think it's better to sue Papi!

شرقاوي said...

عن الوضع في العراق، و لبنان،

ذكرتني بقصيدة الكابوس لعبد الوهاب البياتي.

تصلح لبوست جديد، أن شاء الله...

Spontaneousnessity said...

I think even if they did, it will be done on other aspects rather than ely ekhtasho just to get the name.. you know.. showoff what's not

White Wings said...

الي اختشوا وماتوا ما دفنوهم، حرقوهم وذروهم رماداً فوق الخليج العربي، قصدي الفارسي، قصدي السعودي، والله لا أعرف، تبدوا معضلة أكبر من تسمية ماكك يا سيدي
:)

Mohammad Al-Yousifi said...

اليوم الأحد الساعة سبعة و نص مساء سيتم عرض فيلم عندما يتكلم الشعب الجزء الثاني للمخرج عامر زهير في فندق حياة ريجينسي بحضور الدكتور أحمد الخطيب

Nunu-San said...

ونحنا يعني اسم الله!
بنربحه لضيف الله
blah blah blah


LOL!! XD